The Glory-torium is now open in the basement of this blog, check your cynicism at the door. Knock three times and give the doorman the secret words, "In Phil Rose We Trust".

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Gloritorium

Phil Jackson Leon Rose: "We'd like Melo to 'have success somewhere'"


Saturday, April 7, 2007

Perils Of Pauline


How many games have the Knicks dug a hole, roared back, come within two points, only to fade?


A curious sort of tendency. Lots of encouraging signs from Mardy and Renaldo, N8 rising and falling in the space of heartbeat, Eddy inbdomitable or fumblefingered, Lee gutsy, Frye frustrating.


Knicks have a lot of heart, but lord, those turnovers and mental vaporlocks.


Can't dig one 18 point hole after another and figure to have enough gas to come all the way back.


No quit, but Lord, we need more FOCUS. Every possession COUNTS!
We are on the dark side of the moon as the season peters out.
Let's get a couple of wins, guys!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my wife got home after the game last night. I asked her to guess how it went. She said "They went down 15 in the first half, fought back level in the 3rd quarter, and lost by a couple in the fourth."

The sad part is that it isn't even hard to make that call.

Anonymous said...

Really? I'm endlessly fascinated by our losses. I'm thinking about how long I should extend Zeke's contract.

God I never get bored with losing - hey, I own the Rangers too. I didn't win anything with Patrick and the money's the same whether I win or lose.

Ain't life grand?

You know who's my favorite player - Balkman - because he's tradable.

I wonder if Jonathan Bender is still available?

kam said...

wow... james dolan in the house!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's right. When I'm not running cablevision with an iron fist or watching larry Brown on my surveillance equipment, I like to play with the trade checkers and blow off some steam in the KnicksMecca.

That post disturbed me. I was practicing my putting in the office and put the ball through the window. I'll have to ask Kostanza to go out and find it.

chipstern said...

LesterDawg in the HOUSE!

Anonymous said...

How about we hire a hypnotist for the team? He hypnotizes them to believe that they are 18 points down from the very beginning of the first quarter, and so they play hard from the get-go. Of course, they'll think they lose every game by 2-5 points, but in reality we'd be burying teams by 15 or so.

Only slightly less realistic than a KG trade.

Anonymous said...

Hypnosis! Are we talkin' about hypnosis!

Listen, they don't call me Jimmy D for nothing> At MSG we are waaaaaay ahead of our fans.

Jerry Kostanza is thinking all the time. Let me pitch this to you... how about we have our fans drink the a kool-aid charged with extra caffeine to keep them awake during games?

Or - how about this - selling popcorn in air sickness bags, eh? especially in the nose-bleed sections...

Get back to me on that. Gotta go. Golf with Allan.

lesterdog said...

Chip, I can't claim jimmy d as kin. Aiming to stick with a unfractured identify going forward. It's a hard process though, some folks just aren't quite ready to die:

http://tinyurl.com/2fu9yr

(oh how I miss my old house already. Hurry up emann! Nice work in the interim FWK)

Necessities

Ye Newe Glory-torium

Here, dear readers, is the final resting place of all weary Knicks fans. Yes, here is where one comes when the Triangle refuses to have three sides, when biting one's lip from losing to win later is one loss too far,or when said fan simply hits 'rock' bottom. In short, "the ship be" eternally "sinking" here. Welcome aboard, rearrange the deck chairs as you please.