The Glory-torium is now open in the basement of this blog, check your cynicism at the door. Knock three times and give the doorman the secret words, "In Phil Rose We Trust".

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Gloritorium

Phil Jackson Leon Rose: "We'd like Melo to 'have success somewhere'"


Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Kevin Ollie Basketball Camp

I just wanted to follow up on my son's experience at the Kevin Ollie Basketball camp held in Windsor CT last week.

A year ago my son and his friends attended a similar camp and the featured player (who will remain nameless)never showed up nor really compensated for the slight.

So this year we weren't sure what to expect. In many cases, the player who sponsors the camp may do little more than show up for a pep talk on the last day or, if you're lucky, show up more than once.

On Monday morning I dropped off a carload of players and waited for their matriculation just to be sure everything was adequate. Within a minute of being there Kevin Ollie greeted me with a warm handshake, introduced himself, and said hello.

At the end of the day I asked the boys how the camp went. Did Ollie stay? What happened?

Turns out Kevin Ollie spent the entire day working with the kids (all of them - personally) on their games! Every kid had a story of what he said about this play or that. Every story a positive one!

This went on all five days. Ollie was there working with the boys.

Thursday Ollie invited a guest speaker, UConn center Hasheem Thabeet. On Friday a UConn assistant coach gave the lecture.

To make a long story short, the Kevin Ollie Basketball camp deserves a five of five star rating when parents are considering basketball training camps. This guy was just fabulous in working with the kids and delivering a positive memorable experience for the young men attending.

Finally, I want to urge any NBA team needing a backup PG to get Ollie back on the court and in the league. This guy is a classy, first-rate player that the league could use more of.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

whooooo i went to that Kevin Ollie Camp... =]

Anonymous said...

i loooove kevin ollie he helped me so much on my game...ur son is not the only one

Anonymous said...

Kevin Ollie is a super Role Model. The NBA is blessed to have a classy guy like Ollie!!!

Anonymous said...

kevin ollie is a great basketball player he helped me with my rebounding skills and its great that its in a place that is only 10 minutes from most houses in the town

Anonymous said...

Hey my dad is Kevin Ollie and thanks to all of ya'll that said good things about my dad. I appreciate it and I thought the Kevin Ollie bball camp was very cool. My dad just doesn't raise me but he helps me out with my basketball skills to make me better and be succesful.

Frank Krasicki said...

You are a lucky guy to have the dad you have.

I can tell you for a fact that my son loved the camp your dad ran and he and his friends had a great time in addition to learning a lot of neat stuff about playing basketball like the pros.

Good luck and keep practicing. The NBA will always have room for classy guys like you and your dad.

Necessities

Ye Newe Glory-torium

Here, dear readers, is the final resting place of all weary Knicks fans. Yes, here is where one comes when the Triangle refuses to have three sides, when biting one's lip from losing to win later is one loss too far,or when said fan simply hits 'rock' bottom. In short, "the ship be" eternally "sinking" here. Welcome aboard, rearrange the deck chairs as you please.