The Glory-torium is now open in the basement of this blog, check your cynicism at the door. Knock three times and give the doorman the secret words, "In Phil Rose We Trust".

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Gloritorium

Phil Jackson Leon Rose: "We'd like Melo to 'have success somewhere'"


Friday, May 15, 2009

The Curry Factor

A number of recent Knick back stories have struck a nerve here at the Mecca. Collectively they reminded me of how much I hated the prayer circle era of NY Knick basketball. You know what I'm talking about. The Scott Layden debacle era.

Anyway the first little rumor that triggered this was the scuttlebutt that Allan Houston was being groomed as future Knicks president. It gives me a little panic attack to think that this could happen. It's way too much goodness in any sports franchise.

So that gave me a little shiver right there.

Next, I watched a video of Stephen Curry from a year or so ago in which he talked about his love of golf. Again, my MMMS spider-sense started tingling. I could only imagine Curry getting bookended by Dolan and AH being asked to quote scripture as they cart from one country club hole to another.

If memory serves me correct wasn't Longley or Glenn Rice asked to go golfing with these guys and never coming back. Seems to me its Knicks legend that one of our players can still be heard crying out for help on the Greenwich Golf Club green.

Maybe its my imagination but, don't be surprised if Tiger Woods selects for the Knicks Tuesday night.

No comments:

Necessities

Ye Newe Glory-torium

Here, dear readers, is the final resting place of all weary Knicks fans. Yes, here is where one comes when the Triangle refuses to have three sides, when biting one's lip from losing to win later is one loss too far,or when said fan simply hits 'rock' bottom. In short, "the ship be" eternally "sinking" here. Welcome aboard, rearrange the deck chairs as you please.