The Glory-torium is now open in the basement of this blog, check your cynicism at the door. Knock three times and give the doorman the secret words, "In Phil Rose We Trust".

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Gloritorium

Phil Jackson Leon Rose: "We'd like Melo to 'have success somewhere'"


Friday, July 6, 2007

I'm Not Working Too Hard

I just got an email reminding me that the entire former New York Times Knicks forum was over at a site called Escape From Elba that I link to.

Truthfully, I had grown bored with the pettiness of the Knicks forum and had dropped out except to publish an occasional post that received no more attention than these here do. Given my druthers I plan to stay here.

Elba, rather than emphasizing the very best of the NYTimes forum too often degenerates into precisely the back-biting rhetoric that ruined it. With KnicksMecca, I plan on keeping this a better version of the NYTimes Knicks forum. I welcome intelligent voices always but have no problem flushing inappropriate content. I can live with myself.

This site includes all the reference materials a Knicks fan can need including supplementary brain food (something that myopic fans whined about endlessly on the NYTimes forum - too bad). The place is a bit of a museum in that I perpetuate a number of the time-honored mythemes of the original group; the vomitorium, "I miss" posts, and so on and have started a few new ones as you can see.

Any Knicks fan desiring to author posts on this site can drop me a line to get added to the author's list. I welcome good, solid material. Should you post anything wholly inappropriate, you're gone faster than the Bush administration committing another crime.

As to the question of whether I am working hard, I am not. This blog self-perpetuates and is automatically updated with the latest in news, rumors, arts, film, and more - every time you come in.

Am I wasting my time (working smart)? I used to spend hours going from bookmark to bookmark finding stuff. Today it is all here in one cool place. The answer is obvious.

2 comments:

carlos123 said...

You really have a point here. I guess trolls like kiid and winslow wouldn't survive here.
On the other hand, the bush administration still has plenty of time to commit many more crimes, and they will, too, wheter we find out about it or not. In any case I guess by now we should all know it's really the Cheney administration.
Glad to know you're not really working hard on this, just smart, and I really don't see why this cannot be compatible with the Elba place.
Good work and good luck!

kam said...

Brother FWK, you might wanna post links to your blogs on elba. Then we could all read and comment either here or there. Just a thought. Its a convenience for us luddites. And you would certainly get more views.

Necessities

Ye Newe Glory-torium

Here, dear readers, is the final resting place of all weary Knicks fans. Yes, here is where one comes when the Triangle refuses to have three sides, when biting one's lip from losing to win later is one loss too far,or when said fan simply hits 'rock' bottom. In short, "the ship be" eternally "sinking" here. Welcome aboard, rearrange the deck chairs as you please.