The Glory-torium is now open in the basement of this blog, check your cynicism at the door. Knock three times and give the doorman the secret words, "In Phil Rose We Trust".

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Gloritorium

Phil Jackson Leon Rose: "We'd like Melo to 'have success somewhere'"


Monday, May 26, 2008

Why Joe Alexander?

On RealGM and UltimateKnicks there's a lot of misguided information about Joe Alexander. Let me add my $.02.

IMO, the Knicks, if they can't trade down or acquire a second pick should be seriously considering Joe Alexander. I don't give a damn about what all the agents and glam hucksters are selling at 1-10, if the Knicks pick Alexander I'll be doing backflips.

And the fact that this kid wipes his brow on the rim, can dust the top of the backboard , and is a total freak in terms of athleticism is no reason to draft him.

Here's why. I never, ever heard of this guy until West Virginia played UConn. And being a UConn fan, I never gave West Virginia a chance to beat UConn.

As an aside, the guy Alexander covered in the UConn game was Hashemm Thabeet who, at the time was being projected as a top 5 draft pick THIS YEAR. Next year he's projected top ten.

In any case, Alexander completely shut Thabeet down. So much so that Thabeet's confidence from that point onward wavered and Thabeet wisely returned to school. Now, in my book that's called defense and against premier competition.

That game stuck in my head and I followed Alexander afterward. This kid's the real deal and because I'm nobody to the sports industry it matters not a whit what I think. But fellow Knick fans should not be fooled into thinking this kid is just another dunk video.

He's got the tools, he's got a winning attitude, he's a gym rat that works, and he can play. I'm sure he's not perfect but if I'm taking a risk on drafting talent there are plenty of red flag losers showing in the expert's top ten.

My mantra continues;

May the Knicks draft Westbrook and Alexander and I'm a very happy fan.

No comments:

Necessities

Ye Newe Glory-torium

Here, dear readers, is the final resting place of all weary Knicks fans. Yes, here is where one comes when the Triangle refuses to have three sides, when biting one's lip from losing to win later is one loss too far,or when said fan simply hits 'rock' bottom. In short, "the ship be" eternally "sinking" here. Welcome aboard, rearrange the deck chairs as you please.